City Manager - One Year Term Position
The City of Melville is a clean, safe and friendly community of approximately 4600 residents which constitutes an excellent environment to raise a young family or to retire. Melville is located in South Eastern Saskatchewan along Highway # 10. Over the last several years, the City has been bustling with new commercial, industrial and residential developments. One of the newest additions to Melville is the Horizon Credit Union Centre. This is a $26 million facility which includes a 1525 seat NHL size arena, 500 seat convention centre, walking track, Cardiac Care and Family Fitness Centre. This facility also will be a health, wellness, and cultural centre for Melville and the surrounding communities.
Melville City Council is currently soliciting applications for a City Manager for a 1 year term. The City Manager is appointed by Council to manage and direct the overall operations of the City, subject to legislative provision and the direction of Council and is primarily responsible for carrying out the goals and objectives of City Council. You will provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing and implementing policy and strategies that address the unique qualities and needs of the City. In doing so you will provide effective leadership to the management and staff of the City and will ensure that continued opportunities exist for public participation and consultation on civic issues.
- A diploma or degree in Public Administration, Certificate in Local Government Administration or a related field is desirable;
- Municipal government experience in a Town/City Manager or senior management capacity;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to provide leadership;
- A positive record of working effectively with staff, elected officials, volunteer boards and committees;
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organization development and in achieving results in building team and labour relations;
- Aptitude to communicate effectively with all levels of people and ability to establish and maintain good relations with the general public.
The term of the position will be from on or about December 1, 2014 until November 27, 2015
A detailed job description is posted on our website at www.melville.ca.
This position will remain open until September 15, 2014. All interested parties are invited to submit resumes outlining their qualifications to: City of Melville, Box 1240, Melville, SK, S0A 2P0, Attention Walter Streelasky, Mayor; or email resumes to email@example.com, Subject: City Manager Employment Opportunity; Confidential.
The City of Melville thanks all those that apply; only those applicants under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for a complete job description for this position.
- City Hall
- Bylaws, Policies & Strategic Plan
- City Council Process
- City Hall Services
- Election Results
- Tenders & Items For Sale
- Mayor's Corner
- Mayors Welcome
- Meet Your Council
- Meeting Minutes
- Water Line Flushing
- Contact Us